Skywire create Facebook competitions to help grow social media followers, create brand awareness, drive engagement and website traffic for our client NUXE UK.
NUXE is an award-winning French skin care, body care and anti-ageing brand, and a leader in major beauty segments in pharmacies. For Summer 2016, we came up with the Facebook competition concept entitled ‘Your Ultimate Paris Summer Getaway Checklist’ in order to celebrate the launch of their Paris Limited Edition dry oil. We created the concept, designed the creative steps of the Facebook competition, programmed it on Shortstack and provided assets, along with a social content and timing strategy to promote the competition.
Users were directed to NUXE UK’s Facebook page where they were asked questions around how they would spend their perfect day in Paris in order to win a hamper of beauty products worth £300. Entrants had to answer 3 simple multiple choice based questions on what they would see, eat and the NUXE product they’d bring with them to Paris. At the end, users would enter their name and email to be entered into the competition. They are also given the choice to opt in to the NUXE newsletter. Lastly they can share the Facebook competition with friends and click through to shop on the UK eCommerce website.
The Facebook competition ran for 4 weeks from 20th June until 15th July 2016 and had nearly 5,000 entries. In addition to Facebook, it was also promoted on NUXE UK’s Instagram and Twitter account. Posts on Facebook had a high level of reach, likes and engagement. Average page likes during this period were up x8, while comments were x12 higher and shares were x3 higher from the average.
The boosted post received a reached 24.4k people and had 1,220 post engagements, while there was also an organic reach of 8.7k with hundreds of post clicks, reactions, comments and shares. The comments gave insight into the types of products NUXE customers were using, while the competition subject matter got people talking about what they’d like to do if they went to Paris this summer. Sharing the competition with friends meant the brand got further exposure to new potential customers.
Social media competitions are a great way to gain more followers, brand awareness and email subscribers but it is crucial that you promote competitions properly in order to reach your goals. Below we list a few tips to ensure you get the most out of your Facebook competition.
Our Top Tips for a Successful Facebook Competition:
- Create a social calendar for the days you are promoting the competition to schedule in the content and best times to promote (see our best times to post on social media blog post)
- Utilise all platforms, including Twitter, Instagram, email and your website
- Do not have duplicate content and make posts engaging
- Add photos to Facebook and Twitter posts
- Create a unique hashtag for your competition that hasn’t been used before and also use popular competition hashtags such as #competition, #win #contest etc.
- Run competition for the correct amount of time and monitor how many entrants you are getting throughout
- Based on this, boost the number of times you post about the competition on Facebook and how you promote it