Wardrobe Icons is an editorial shopping website by former Fashion Editors Laura Fantacci and Petro Stofberg that tells you “what never goes out of fashion” through their magazine The Icons Update and Shop the Icons pages.
For 2017 Skywire Studios took over the existing Wardrobe Icons site and made the following enhancements to create a new fully responsive WordPress theme:
- Homepage refresh, including title changes within the top header, navigation, mega menu, footer and newsletter sign up
- An overhaul of the shoppable pages including the category listing and product pages to provide inspirational content and guides to aid purchase of investment pieces
- A revamp of The Icons magazine layouts to improve usability, readability and website traffic
The website delivered against the following objectives:
- To build The Wardrobe Icons brand image and awareness, as well as enhance user engagement on-site
- To fix usability issues and improve the current user journey across all devices
- To drive sales on affiliate eCommerce sites
Responsive Design Improvements (Before and After):
- Optimised designs for key screen widths
- Fixed, responsive header
- More image focused design, less border and unused whitespace
- Added content (i.e. Icon of the Week, In this Issue and Recent Features)
- Before it was hard to navigate and confusing where articles versus shop sections were
- Easier to read icons and content under Shop
- Slowed down the product carousel (scrolled too fast on old site)
- Added Instagram feed with latest posts
- Added editorial content to introduce staple wardrobe items
- Introduced Wishlist for readers to save their favourite products and the option to login to an Account
- No mega menu existed before our website redesign
- Added “Shop the Icons” into the menu with a dropdown of categories and a description of The Icons
- Ability for users to easily find the latest articles within “The Icons Update”
Examples of The Icons Update – Responsive Magazine Templates (Before and After):
- Made The Icons Update more interactive
- One long scrollable page versus multiple pages within the same feature
- Introduced Content section within the magazine to easily find articles within each Issue
- Fully responsive magazine templates for easier readability across all devices (especially mobile)
- Improved fonts (i.e. some types hard to read)
- Ability to click directly on product images within template and add to Wishlist
From Wardrobe Icons:
“We had been secretly working at it for months, and the new and improved version of Wardrobe ICONS finally launched last week. Now you save your favourite items to your wish list and by creating an account with us you will get access to it on any device. Make sure you sign up to receive our online magazine The ICONS Update every other Tuesday and our ICONS weekend newsletter every Saturday morning. We are fully responsive (so it doesn’t matter if you look at us on a big screen or you phone – you will always get the same smooth experience) and have added lots of content to our home page so if you missed anything one week, it’s much easier to catch up. ❤️”
Feedback from happy readers on Instagram:
- Charlburgan LOVE the new website, so easy to navigate! ❤
- Clare_agatha_runcible Looks great, so easy to read on the bus commute!
- Heleninvictoria Great improvement to the icons website!
- Ebkimbell LOVE the new look! Another brilliant issue!
- Paolaperissinotto Love the new mobile friendly format!! 👏👏
- Box.and.bloom Read on the train 🚂 woowoo
- Louisebyrne10 Love the new format, so much more mobile friendly! ☺
- Auroralondonstyle Bravo.
- Trudicoyne Love the new look❤️. Much more professional looking and easier to navigate😍
- Aurumandgrey Bravo – looks amazing! 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼
- Patriciawassen Love it! Congrats to you guys for starting a successful business and taking it to the next level👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
- Karellesteiner I love your update!
- Jenjfelice Have always loved @wardrobeicons & equally love the changes💕💕💕
- Taramatthewsbikini Amazing love it congrats 👏👏❤️
- _mybeautiful_people Love everything you do.
- Storyofhouse Love a wishlist!!
- Chiaramic81 Great job girls @witblog and @petrostofberg !