Front-end Web Developers – Junior and Mid Level
Front-end Web Developer – London – Salary depending on experience
Skywire are the leading London based Magento e-commerce agency focusing on the Luxury, Fashion and Lifestyle sector. Our clients include De Beers, Peacocks, Asprey, Jane Norman, ME+EM and Ede & Ravenscroft.
We are expanding our London based permanent development team and are looking for talented Junior and Mid Level Front-end Web Developers to join our team based in our Notting Hill office. This role would suit someone either recently graduated (with 1 year’s work experience) or someone with a few years experience.
The successful candidates will work closely with the account and design teams to deliver a wide range of digital projects for clients in the luxury, fashion and lifestyle sectors:
- Devise, explain and review technical solutions with the team
- Work with the client services and design teams on website projects to meet client’s requirements
- Write efficient front-end code
- Test work and resolve Front-end bug fixing
- Collaborate with other developers on Back-end programming
- Contribute to project quoting for time estimates and planning
Qualifications / Requirements
- 1+ Year Experience using CSS and HTML inline with web standards, progressive enhancement, responsive web design, and performance optimisation
- Experience with Git version control
- Exposure to emerging web trends and technologies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A sharp attention to detail
The ideal candidates will also have:
- Experience of CSS architecture (e.g. OOCSS, BEM, SMACSS)
- Experience with task-runners, (e.g. Gulp, Grunt)
- Ecommerce experience, especially Magento
- Computer Science Degree
- Experience theming and skinning CMS platforms
- Training from in-house Magento Certified Developers on both the Magento 1.x and 2.x platforms
- Personal development and learning budget, including Magento conferences, courses, etc.
- Latest computer devices and software
- Flexitime and working from home
- Competitive salary
To apply for this position please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter, your CV and links to your portfolio / previous work.
Post Date: 09/01/2017
Closing Date: 09/02/2017
Strictly no recruiters.