Posted: 19th November 2019
To apply for this position please contact email@example.com.
Strictly NO AGENCIES.
Who we are
Skywire are the leading London based Magento eCommerce agency focussing on the Luxury, Fashion and Lifestyle sectors. Our clients include De Beers, The Premier League, Me+Em, Asprey, Three Floor Fashion, Cordings and the Corney & Barrow.
Skywire is growing and looking for a Senior/Lead Front-end Web Developer to join our London based permanent development team. Your job is to own our front-end technology and drive it forward. Specifically, overseeing a transition to headless and PWA e-commerce via tools like https://deity.io/ and https://www.vuestorefront.io/. You will have the opportunity to work on a range of challenging eCommerce web projects, working closely with our design and client-services teams. This role would suit someone with extensive front-end development experience.
The main responsibilities of this role:
- Set the technical direction for our front-end technology, and then lead the implementation
- Devise, explain, and review technical solutions with the team
- Assist with project planning and estimates
- Mentor junior developers
- Code review peers contributions
- Write efficient HTML/CSS that brings design concepts to life
- Work with designers, developers and testers to assess and improve work
The main requirements of this role:
- Understanding of application state management and available tools such as Redux or Vuex
- Extensive experience with HTML/CSS
- Extensive understanding of front-end principles like web standards, progressive enhancement, responsive web design, and performance optimisation
- Experience with command line tools
- Experience with task-runners, package managers, and version control (NPM, Webpack, Browserify, Gulp, Git etc.)
- Experience with CSS pre/post processors
- Experience handling designs in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, etc.
- An eye for detail and an appreciation for design and usability principles
- Good face-to-face and written communication of ideas
- High desire to learn and share new practices
- Expert knowledge of front-end design patterns and best practices
- A familiarity with PHP and platforms such as Magento, Shopify, and WordPress
Compensation and benefits
- £45-55k depending on experience
- Competitive salary, with transparent progress steps to push further
- Profit share as part of our LLP programme
- Option to work remotely during part of the week
- Your choice of hardware and software
- Personal yearly development budget (conferences, training etc.)
- Regular office social events